Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Beautiful Malaysia - Crystal Hill Recreational Park

Been quite a while haven't updated my blog. Loaded with office works, house works and of course little effort to push myself to do it. Well ! I promise myself to update my blogs regularly like before!!!!..fat chance!!!

It is not late to wish to all friends out there happy new year and wishing my Chinese friends Gong Xi Fa Cai....Happy Chinese New Year and have a prosperous year ahead.

This year is volunteerism year in Malaysia and the kick off was on the 3rd of Feb 2013. In the State of Kedah it was launched in Taman Rekreasi Gunung Keriang (Crystal Hill Recreational Park) in Alor Setar. although the Malay Gunung Keriang doesn't mean crystal in English but there is a lot of natural crystals on the hills and being extracted and sold at the foot of the hill.

Natural crystal extracted from Gunung Keriang

the elephant shaped Gunung Keriang


Back to the launching  Volunteerism day in association with My Beautiful Malaysia at Gunung Keriang Recreational Park was quite an affair whereby nearly 5,000 volunteers were participated and took parts in beautifying and cleaning the area. It was officiated by honourable minister of housing and local authorities. also present was the honourable Menteri Besar of Kedah (chief minister).








It was fantastic when the federal government and state government took part and cooperated in making the affair a success even though there was a differences in political beliefs. What more certain quarters even back down by playing the state anthem of the state anthem of Kedah !!! a rare occasion indeed when there was a federal minister present..and most of all no political talks from both sides AND no play card or posters nor banners displaying I LOVE so and so..!!!!

The local broadcaster of Radio KedahFM was also present to telecast the event and I was fortunate enough to be on the local radio...thanks to DJ Ice...one of my favourite local DJ....and I would to opologise to him for not recognising until when he was on air.!!!sorry..minta maaf tak kenal....I only recognise your golden voice.....

No comments: